So you’re organising an event, and you’re considering the entertainment. The question ‘why hire a DJ for the event’ might pop up at some point.
Below we seek to answer that question for you briefly and succinctly.
Hiring a DJ will bring with it a number of advantages for you:
- DJs have always been the number one choice for party entertainment, and rightly so!
- They provide the music to entertain the audience. Their vast array of music usually mean they can provide a very diverse selection and help to cater for the audience at hand.
- Their knowledge and know-how in music usually means that the majority (if not all) the crowd should be happy and dancing.
- Pro DJs are for the most part able to mix tracks live and seamlessly, essentially able to remix and create new blends of music on the fly.
- The DJ will always present a talking point amongst the guests, due to their mixing techniques and of course their music selection.
However, as you can imagine, in certain situations a DJ may not be the best option. For example parties with no money (with the exception of charity events, it is unlikely that a DJ will play for free); or events/locations where loud noise is frowned upon. It is usually obvious where the use of a DJ might not work well, but complicated situations arise all the time.
It is worth pointing out that DJs should be viewed as hiring an artist to paint a musical picture for one and all to enjoy.
Overall and in most circumstances, a DJ is a fantastic addition to any party to both liven it up and to help sonically create the best atmosphere.
To find out more about choosing a DJ, and how to make it as easy as possible for you, please read our guide: how to book a DJ.